Personal Online Journal

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

"Gospel Topics, Essays, and Other Resources" Again

Yesterday, my son and daughter were introduced to the KnoWhy series that is hosted by Book of Mormon Central yesterday in their seminary class. My daughter was not aware of it before. I love that there are simple, short videos on a variety of topics. Book of Mormon Central is listed by the church as a trusted source for answers. (See the ** at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/si/objective/doctrinal-mastery/gospel-sources?lang=eng)

I referred to "Gospel Topics, Essays, and Other Resources" when I was a full time teacher. I have been substituting seminary the last few days. Today I shared https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/knowhy/why-did-the-ammonites-covenant-not-to-take-up-arms as a relevant example of a question a student might ask, "Why did the Ammonites Covenant Not to Take Up Arms?"

I have a set of slides I used a couple years ago to more fully address How do I “Seek Further Understanding through Divinely Appointed Sources”? See my post from Sep 2018.


No comments: