Personal Online Journal

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Creating a Gospel-Sharing Home

I already got a response to my last posting. She said she had been thinking of sharing the (LDS) gospel to some relatives. I then thought of this from Elder Ballard's Creating a Gospel-Sharing Home talk, "Our love for the Lord and appreciation for the Restoration of the gospel are all the motivation we need to share what gives us much joy and happiness" mp3

The best thing I can do the share the gospel is share the joy it brings my life. I do not have to hold back a spiritual experience just because the person I am talking to is not a Latter-Day Christian. Certainly, I will not cast pearls before those who will mock me. There are many good people in my life that are not Mormon.

I can enrich my own life and relationships by being willing to be more vulnerable to my kind neighbors. It is best if I truly abandon a salesman like motive when I share. Share for sharing sake. More importantly, listen with the idea to understand. Trust salvation to God.



Today I invite you to relax and set aside your concerns and focus instead on your love for the Lord, your testimony of His eternal reality, and your gratitude for all He has done for you. If you are truly motivated by love and testimony and gratitude, you will quite naturally do all that you can to assist the Lord in “[bringing] to pass the immortality and eternal life” (Moses 1:39) of our Father’s children. In fact, it would be impossible to keep you from doing it.

No comments: