Personal Online Journal

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Know That My Savior Loves Me

There is a new and touching song that Primary is singing this year, "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" (sheet music, mp3)

1. A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.

Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

2. Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.

Chorus

It has such a simple message. I have felt the Spirit each time I have heard it. As each child puts their heart with these words they will gain a testimony of Jesus, and strengthen their personal relationship with Him. I am so happy that the Primary chose this song!

2 comments:

my mudda' calls me jack said...

I LOVE THIS SONG!!! I'm generally the pianist in primary but a couple months ago I was subbing for the choruster and got to teach the children this song. I could feel the Spirit as I taught the song and all the children, jr. and sr. responded to the message. It was such an enjoyable experience and I absolutely love that we are singing it every week right now. I feel very passionate about this song as well!

roger said...

one of the best songs ever