Personal Online Journal

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Spirit of Power and of Love

Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all I need to do. Often then, I do nothing. It is better to just be up and doing and then remember the following.

Remember not to run faster than you have strength. Mos 4:27 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Tim. 1:7

I truly feel that there is a power that comes into my life as I foster a spirit of obedience. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Therefore dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for His hand to be revealed." D&C 123:17

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Such a great reminder. It is so hard to just let go and know that the Lord will make up for all I leave undone, when I am doing all I can. I love you!