Personal Online Journal

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pride in Disguise

Remember the lesson of my pride disguising as humility. ("Falling to Heaven: Pride in Disguise"
James L. Ferrell, July 25, 2014)

Here are two scriptures that can help me remember.

"Martha was cumbered about much serving" she was "careful and troubled about many things" (Luke 10:40-41) I do not need to prove myself worthy of the healing and forgiveness of the atonement. I cannot do so. Instead I can accept and acknowledge what He did for me and then be about doing good. (Acts 10:38)

The other side of this expression my my pride is giving up. I can shut down and not try like the servant that buried the talent of the Lord. (Matt 23:24-30) Instead, I can ask for strength. I can restore my integrity and create with the Lord a new creature. And then be about doing good.


No comments: