Personal Online Journal

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

He is the Great Mediator


It's a very difficult thing to go through: to kneel down and desire to speak to my Father in Heaven when I am so lonely or when I am so anguished. It's an interesting conversation to have. He doesn't immediately try to make it better. He listens to me first.. and I thought that was very helpful.  
He allowed me to get that anger off my chest. But inevitably He would come back and teach me about His Son, Jesus Christ. When I did feel anger, or there was just a deep sense of loneliness, I didn't direct that at the person that had caused this. It directed itself at the Savior. ("Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light", Forgiveness and the power of Jesus Christ enable a man to survive losing his wife and several children in a car accident, MormonMessages, 28 Jul 2010)
Have I decided what I would do in this case?

Will I allow the Savior to take the pain and grief of what has happened to me. Will I allow Him to take the pain and grief I have caused?

No comments: