Personal Online Journal

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

How Do I Retain and Strengthen my Desires for Good?

I have heard that hunger is the most important ingredient for success. I love this quote from Napoleon Hill, "There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it."


I have been thinking of this quote in connection with what happened with desire with the people in the Americas when Jesus visited them, "And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus prayed unto the Father, he came unto his disciples, and behold, they did still continue, without ceasing, to pray unto him; and they did not multiply many words, for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire, "

-
And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus prayed unto the Father, he came unto his disciples, and behold, they did still continue, without ceasing, to pray unto him; and they did not multiply many words, for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire. (3 Nephi 19:24)

Build my Dreams

2017-06-03


I was in the South Pacific musical my senior year in high school. Last night I watched part of it. This song had new meaning to it.

"You've got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how you going to have a dream come true?" ("Happy Talk" from South Pacific, YouTube)



No comments: