Personal Online Journal

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Enhance my Gospel Learning and Find Answers

Over 7 years ago, I had several conversations with a friend over why he decided to stop attending church. I feel the same way today.

There are many great resources available to "enhance gospel learning and help provide answers to doctrinal, historical, and social questions." Gospel Topics, Essays, and Other Resources is a collection of many of them. I also really enjoyed "How Do I Know If I Know?" by John Bytheway. Here are a couple more articles of my experiences: Into the Woods, Jesus was in the Ashes

I feel the same way I did last November.
I choose to believe in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because I choose to believe. I want the truths that they teach to be true. I choose to live as if they are. I have felt many, many times how my life is blessed by living by the principles taught at church. 
I recognize that there are imperfect people at the founding of the church up to the present time. In high and in local callings. I am one of those imperfect ones. 
I love the church. I love the family and friend connections I have because of my association in it. I believe that the church is still undergoing a restoration. That the most bitter branches are being cut off to make room for the sweet fruit. I want to be a part of that process.
("I Choose to Believe")
My Aug 20, 2017 FB Post



No comments: