Personal Online Journal

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Let your soul delight in fatness

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:21

This is the scripture of the month for our stake in August. It dovetails well with last months,

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15

I am happiest when I am focused on doing the right thing. Sometimes that may be work, exercise, rest, play, connecting, etc. Lehoniti was "fixed in [his mind] with a determined resolution" to do the right thing. Yet he allowed himself to be diverted. Life is much easier as I do the right thing at the appropriate time. Alma 47:6

"50 Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.
51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness." 2 Nephi 9:50-51

I feel complete as I point my labor in that which satisfies.

No comments: