Personal Online Journal

Monday, January 10, 2011

Trust God, Be Happy and Work Hard

I found this quote at LDS Alive in Christ.

“Instead of worrying or grumbling that our prayers have gone unanswered, we should delight ourselves in the Lord. Be grateful. Be happy. Know that the Lord, in His time, will bring about all your righteous desires—sometimes in ways we predict, sometimes in ways we could not have possibly foreseen.” (Emphasis Added. Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Improving Our Prayers,” Ensign, Mar 2004, 24–31, MP3)

It reminds me of the But If Not talks given in General Conference not too long ago.  It also reminds me of my short list of things to remember when I feel overwhelmed or discouraged, Trust God, Be Happy and Work Hard.

I trust God when I remember that I do believe that in His time, the Lord will bring about all my righteous desires.

I am happy when I remember to give thanks both specific and general.  When I am grateful for all that I have been blessed with.

When I work hard I feel a satisfaction I get no where else.  It seems I get this feeling when I make my work a part of the sanctification plan of the Lord. (3 Nephi 27:20)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it! Just the reminder I needed today. Love you.

my mudda' calls me jack said...

These are all conscious choices and this is a good motto to continually remind myself- choose to trust God, choose to be happy, choose to work hard.