Personal Online Journal

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Now Get Up

There are times in my life that I think that I am able to do what the Lord says I can do. To be what he says I can become.

I love the part in the New Testament where Peter goes out onto the water to meet Jesus. When they saw him on the water Jesus said, "Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid". Peter replied, "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water." Peter demonstrated his faith. Because he did, he was able to do incredible things.


More than stopping bullets and walking on water, if we have faith we can do greater works. To be able to persuade other independent agents to experiment on the word of God. We can love them. We can demonstrate the power and life and joy of living according to the carpenter of Nazareth. That is more powerful than walking on water because we are able to inspire an individual will to decide to change their heart. To allow the Lord to enter into them and make them a changed creature.

But in order for me to do that, I have to remain in the Lord. The longer I remain steadfast and immovable I can be a sharper tool for the Lord. I have to live in balance. I have to do the urgent and important things that keep me nourished and sane. Able to see things for what they really are. I ask the Lord to help me remember the plain road. The simple and easy things that I can do every day to keep me in His path. That open my possibilities to do all He has asked me to do and to be.

No comments: