Personal Online Journal

Friday, March 21, 2008

Strength I Want and Peace I Need

There is something about the songs on Cherie Call's album, He Gives Flowers To Everyone.
Because there's strength I want and there's peace I need
In the words I say, in the things I read
From the clothes I wear to the place I choose to sleep
Everything goes back to these promises I keep
I feel strength in these words. Power to overcome. That power comes from choosing to preserve my connection to God. He always is faithful to the promises He makes me. When I choose to keep turning towards him, His blessings activate. I have faith in God because I have come to learn He is always good. I want His strength in my life. I need His peace to balance the chaos I experience.

So what is it He asks of me? He asks me to promise to never sin again. Is that possible? Yes it is. Yet He is also merciful allowing me to renew my baptismal covenant each week. That brings me to a favorite scripture, "let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

Cheerfully do. It is a mouthful. He only requires the best we can give. And then returns blessings an hundredfold. The strength I show God is by the promises I keep. It is by calling on His name that I can have the strength to keep my covenants. Then rising and doing all the lies in my power.

No comments: