Personal Online Journal

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

To be Healed

Just before the Savior appeared to Lehites of ancient America, he spoke from the heavens. There had been destruction because the people as a whole had rejected Him. They had cast out the righteous from among them. They had destroyed their government with their organized crime. Those who had not been killed listened to the voice of the Lord. This passage stood out to me.
O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? 3 Nephi 9:13
I have been spared many times in my life. I continue to remain in this life. I have a chance today to more perfectly live my life according to the joy the Lord has.

This verse reminds me that I can never be worthy before the Lord on my own. I need His mercy. He immediately grants it to me as I do my best to follow Him. As I return to Him, repent of my sins, and as I am converted I am healed by Him.

I have felt His sweet healing. I need it again today and each day. He is as close as our hearts are willing. My we turn our hearts and be healed.

No comments: