Personal Online Journal

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Doctrine of the Family

I read an article in the March Ensign tonight,”Teaching the Doctrine of the Family”.  It is taken from an address of Julie B. Beck General Relief Society President at the BYU Women’s Conference held May 1, 2009.  As I read, I could feel strength come into me.  I believe in the doctrine of the family as much as I believe in Jesus Christ.  I could see how it needs to be upheld.  To be taught and lived and felt deeply.  I am so grateful for it.
Many of the social restraints which in the past have helped to reinforce and to shore up the family are dissolving and disappearing. The time will come when only those who believe deeply and actively in the family will be able to preserve their families in the midst of the gathering evil around us (Spencer W. Kimball, "Families Can Be Eternal," Ensign, Nov. 1980, 4).
Here are some more talks that I read that she references. They are very good.
Ezra Taft Benson, "What I Hope You Will Teach Your Children about the Temple", Ensign, Aug. 1985, 6. From an address given at the Logan Temple Centennial, 17 May 1984.

Dallin H. Oaks, "The Great Plan of Happiness," Ensign, Nov. 1993, 73

No comments: