Personal Online Journal

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Why Do We Need Prophets?

I love the message from the First Presidency this month, "Why Do We Need Prophets?" I thought of this passage as I started to read it.
Moroni 7:21-25 And now I come to that faith, of which I said I would speak; and I will tell you the way whereby ye may lay hold on every good thing.
For behold, God knowing all things, being from everlasting to everlasting, behold, he sent angels to minister unto the children of men, to make manifest concerning the coming of Christ; and in Christ there should come every good thing.
And God also declared unto prophets, by his own mouth, that Christ should come.
And behold, there were divers ways that he did manifest things unto the children of men, which were good; and all things which are good cometh of Christ; otherwise men were fallen, and there could no good thing come unto them.
Wherefore, by the ministering of angels, and by every word which proceeded forth out of the mouth of God, men began to exercise faith in Christ; and thus by faith, they did lay hold upon every good thing; and thus it was until the coming of Christ.

Each part in the largest print I put methods that God has used to get women and men to exercise faith in Jesus Christ.

1. He sent angels. What a glorious fact! God sends angels to minister. To come personally to the children of men for the purpose of directing us to the Son of God.
2. He declared unto prophets that Christ should come.
3. He used diverse ways to manifest things that are good and all good comes from Christ.

Here are three ways God directs us to Jesus. We need prophets and prophets always point us to Jesus Christ the Son of God. The Savior of our souls. I am grateful for the mercy of God that we again have prophets of God on the earth. I listen to their words to hear how I might come unto Christ completely.

No comments: