Personal Online Journal

Friday, March 01, 2013

Which Way Ought I To Go?


Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis was the visiting General Authority for our recent stake conference.  He shared a story in his talk in the Saturday night session from Alice in Wonderland.
Alice: Oh, no, no. I was just wondering if you could help me find my way.
Cheshire Cat: Well that depends on where you want to get to.
Alice: Oh, it really doesn't matter, as long as...
Cheshire Cat: Then it really doesn't matter which way you go. (Disney 1951, book)
He then proceeded to teach us how Good our Father is.  That is the phrase he kept saying as he described the three degrees of glory God has prepared for his children.

In the telestial, it is more about what you don't do rather than what you do do.  He described the kind of people who would inherit it.  Then he read how "the glory of the telestial which surpasses all understanding" (D&C 76:89).  He told us how he was a mechanical engineer.  That he had studied quite a few things; that he had some understanding.  He said that if Father asked him to choose the kind of place to inherit after this life, that he come probably come up with a pretty good place.  What God has prepared in the telestial kingdom surpasses all understanding, what a Good Father we have.

He then proceeded to describe the terrestrial and celestial kingdoms and how they excel the lowest kingdom of glory.  He repeated again and again how good our Father is.

He ended by reminding us of Alice.  He said where we go, what we become is part of the most important question of our existence, "What kingdom do I want to inherit?"  Once we decide what kingdom, all other moral questions are easy to answer.  Do I want a Celestial, Terrestrial or Telestial kind of existence?

So I am fulfilling my assignment now.  


I Choose the Celestial Kingdom!

I want my children, my friends, my neighbors and anyone else who may be interested.  I plan to rely on the merits of Jesus Christ.  To work and live and become what He wants me to be.  To serve and love and live life to the fullest.  To suck the marrow out of life.  To pass on that fire to all you will hear. 

The message of the good news is wonderful.  It is so wonderful that the lowest of the kingdoms of glory surpasses all the understanding of humankind.  

1 comment:

Papa D said...

Yes, truly, God is good.

I wrote the following back in October 2008. I don't know if you saw it then, but I thought of it when I read this post:

http://thingsofmysoul.blogspot.com/2008/10/very-short-thought.html