Personal Online Journal

Friday, January 03, 2014

Three Reflections on Same-Sex Marriage in Utah

I don't find anything that I disagree with in this article by James Goldberg.  Following are some short snippets that sum it up for me.
I see myself as an heir to a long legacy of Abrahamic values, and I believe those values have blessed the world far more than they have harmed it.
...
I believe that a culture of marriage ought to be built around customs of procreation and child-rearing within the relationship between husband and wife.
...
the following three principles will be continue to be challenged in different ways and that affirming them will continue to have utility:
Principle #1. Biological parents will be accountable to their children; children have a right to responsible biological parents.
...
Principle #2. Fatherhood and Motherhood still matter as distinct roles. Communities succeed when they find the proper balance of guidance and flexibility in preparing the young for these vital roles.
...
Principle #3. The link between sexuality and procreation is not incidental.

No comments: