Personal Online Journal

Monday, September 22, 2014

Seeking Steadfastly

There are so many pitfalls in life. I know that if I am to remain on solid ground; if I am to have sustainable growth, I must be rooted in the doctrine of Christ.

I have friends who have become atheists. Friends that have left the church because they feel it has lost its authority. There are those that are trapped in the despair of addiction. Those that are troubled by the history or doctrines of the church.

We can be distracted from what God wants us to do. How do we know that we are living the way God desires for us to live? I am convinced that we must live in harmony with the truth we know.

"Therefore dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for His hand to be revealed." D&C 123:17

No comments: