Personal Online Journal

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Working by Faith is Working by Words

There is power in words. When we honor them, the power is much greater.

There was power in the words of Thomas Jefferson when he said "all men are created equal". Nearly a hundred years later, because of these words and the power of those that believed them, Lincoln declared the emancipation proclamation.

In 1963, the power of these words were expressed by Martin Luther King Jr. in his "I Have a Dream" speech.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have no less power with my words. By honoring my word, by keeping my promises, and following through on my commitments, my actions become aligned with my word.

God created the heavens and the earth by His Word. (Heb 11:3) The Word is one name for God. (John 1:1). It is not only his name. By the words he spoke he created all things. God is perfectly aligned with His word. He cannot lie. His honor is his power. (D&C 29:26)

When I work by faith I am working by my words.
what are we to understand by a man's working by faith? We answer: We understand that when a man works by faith he works by mental exertion instead of physical force: it is by words instead of exerting his physical powers, with which every being works when he works by faith--
(Lectures on Faith, Section 7:3, Page 63)

Our words create our reality. What kind of life do I want? One where my actions are in harmony with my word. I am a creation of God imbued with the power to create.

What will I do with this power?


No comments: