Personal Online Journal

Saturday, April 17, 2021

The useless Whys, What ifs, and If Onlys

-

I have come to understand how useless it is to dwell on the whys, what ifs, and if onlys for which there likely will be given no answers in mortality. To receive the Lord’s comfort, we must exercise faith. The questions Why me? Why our family? Why now? are usually unanswerable questions. These questions detract from our spirituality and can destroy our faith. We need to spend our time and energy building our faith by turning to the Lord and asking for strength to overcome the pains and trials of this world and to endure to the end for greater understanding.

What a wonderful I quote I found in "Come Follow Me Insights (Doctrine and Covenants 37-40, Apr 12-18) at 31:10", https://youtu.be/9U9fQURv8EE?t=1870

It is from Robert D. Hales, "Healing Soul and Body" Oct 1998. 

Also from this episode is this quote from Richard G. Scott from "Trust in the Lord", Oct 1995

It really does no good to ask questions that reflect opposition to the will of God. Rather ask, What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What am I to change? Whom am I to help? How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial?


There are several stories from Ken Alford

Personal applications of principles when going through...

"Ken, with out being too personal .. how did it affect your personal identity and who you are?"

- Leukemia in the family

- Other family challenges

"Heavenly Father can comfort infinitely. He knows the end from the beginning. We don't know how some of these stories are going to turn out yet, but it's going to be OK."

-


No comments: