Personal Online Journal

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Never Teaching the Same Course Twice

We are creators. We need not do the same wrote stuff over and over. We can create what we want instead of staying in a rut.
In my ten years on the faculty at Stanford, I was blessed never to teach the same course twice. I moved from field to field and changed every course I taught, every time. I remember the nights when I was still working when the dawn came. I remember the adrenaline pumping when I stood to face students with material as new to me as it was to them. I know that I got help from the Holy Ghost. If that help came to me there, it will surely come in greater power here. So, while I appreciate the challenge the faculty and staff face in this university, I await the future with happy anticipation.  (“Raise the Bar". Elder Henry B. Eyring. BYU-I Devotional. Jan 25, 2005.)


No comments: